Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Operation: Dumbo Drop Update

So I'm now approximately two weeks into this whole "fitness" thing. I'm at a pace that has me either going to the gym or running at least 3 times a week. I just realized now, that I never originally weighed myself so I don't know what I'm working down from. So first thing's first, I'm going to weigh myself and...*gulp*...post it. Maybe the public humiliation I'm sure to endure will encourage me to keep working out.

I suffered some initial soreness after lifting for the first time in a long time two weeks ago; but feel much better now. In addition I'm up to running a distance of a 5k with no lingering pains in my shins/knees. I'm at a terrible pace, but hopefully that will improve with time. My hope is that eventually I can get my endurance up to a point that I will be able to start playing basketball with my friends.

I recognize almost immediately, that I have to alter my diet. I've been really terrible about preparing my own meals. Back in August of last year, a friend came to visit for an extended period of time, and I never got back onto my schedule. Couple that with the fact that I can never seem to find space in my refrigerator to store food, and you have a recipe for fat Mike.

1 comment:

  1. Let Thomas and I know if you want to shoot some hoops. We've been trying to make it a regular thing for our schedule.

    ReplyDelete