Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Oscars: Live...Sorta


So it's the Academy awards and I've decided to blog and write down my impressions as they happen:

- NPH when is he going to go crazy with a Broadway show?
- Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin have amazing chemistry
- What's with Clooney's face? I think this is a bit but have no idea to what
- That's a bingo! Christoph Waltz should be up for best actor. Period. Great acceptance speech and can't believe he stuck with the expedition theme throughout. I really hope he breaks out here in the states.
- I didn't realize that John Hughes was responsible for so many of the movies I loved from my youth.
- I really want to check out this Secret of Kells flick. It looks like it's drawn by the same guys who did The Critic.
-
Still haven't seen Fantastic Mister Fox and I really want to if anyone's interested.
- Big surprise, Pixar wins the best animated movie
- Is Jason Bateman with Jane Seymour?
- The animated shorts looked cool, how do you get to watch those?
- I'm pretty sure the guy who accepted for best documentary short subject was not expecting that lady running up at all.
- Ben Stiller in Avatar makeup is freakin' awesome!
- District 9 was a book?! What?! That's incredible, I want to read it.
- Lauren Bacall still looks like a classy broad.
- Really? A balls joke, Robin Williams?
- If Penelope Cruz is with Javier Bardem, they're going to make one hot Spanish baby.
- That's a whole lot of woman for that little man (on Monique winning Best supporting actress)
- Can someone please tell me what Lenny Kravitz is doing at the Academy Awards?
- Paranormal Activity parody murders me.
- Salute to Horror, awesome. Putting Twilight actors as the presenters makes me gag.
- Something hilarious about Morgan Freeman narrating an explanation on sound in movies.
- Looks like the Oscar's are running a little behind schedule if they're not rollin clips any more.
- Demi Moore is the exact same color as her dress.
- I always feel like these tributes to people who've passed in the past year are kinda scary.
- Dom Delouise is dead?
- The dance being linked with composed scores music does not look right. Well at least with members of America's best dance crews.
- There! A break in Clooney's caustic facade!
- It's not part of the Oscars, but now I want to watch ABC's Happytown
- You're right, Tyler Perry. I hope they never say your name at the Academy Awards again, ever, either.
- They're really running over time if they're cutting off the whole announcement who wins.

--This is where I asked a room mate of mine to DVR the rest of the Oscars because I was leaving for some late night Korean--

- I didn't know that Quentin Tarrantino has one an Academy Award. Maybe it was for Reservoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction.
- I feel it odd that they mentioned how many nominations the nation of Argentina has had as a whole.
- Poor Argentinian guy made an Avatar joke and no one laughed...also continued to get played off.
- After hearing Michelle Pfeiffer's praises for Jeff Bridges, I might just have to start taking "The Dude" seriously. I don't know if I like this.
- Finally George Clooney is smiling like he's actually amused.
- I really want to believe that Tim Robbin's anecdote about Morgan askin him to get him a cup of coffee and getting his name wrong actually happened.

--This is where my DVR cut off the Academy Awards because apparently it ran way over time...so now I'm angry but will give my impressions about what I learned about the rest of the awards second hand--

- Jeff Bridges wins an Academy Award for Best actor and I'm very pleased by that, as stated before, I'm not sure if I like having to take "The Dude" seriously.
- Sandra Bullock wins an Oscar for best actress. I'm sorry, I like her, I really do, but best actress? That accent alone should have excluded her from the running. I've never seen either The Blind Side or An Education, but I feel like I've heard way better things about that chick's performance.
- Kathryn Bigelow wins for best director. I think that's awesome. Not only did James Cameron not win, but his ex-wife beat him. On top of that, I'm pretty sure her movie beat his out in every category that wasn't special effects.
- The Hurt Locker wins best picture after yet another rushed presentation.

I have to admit this was the least prepared for any Oscars I've been in recent years. I think this is in part to a huge reduction in me going to see movies in theaters, and a lack of people with whom to see them. I'm excited for this upcoming year's movies and blockbusters. I already hope that costumers for Alice in Wonderland get a nod next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment